At Capel Manor, we believe that Personal, Social and Health Education (PSHE) plays a fundamental part in enabling our children to have a toolkit for a successful life. It aims to help them understand how they are developing personally and socially, and tackles many of the moral, social and cultural issues that are part of growing up. We are dedicated to ensuring that Capel Manor is a happy, stimulating and caring place and we expect high standards of behaviour and good manners throughout the school. Behaviour and attitude to learning is underpinned by our school values, making it integral to the success of the whole school.
We believe PSHE is successful when we support:
- Happy and positive relationships
- Empathy and compassion
- The confidence to make the most of their abilities
- Value and respect of diversity
- Respect for others’ rights to their own values and beliefs
- Evaluation (and appropriate challenge) of the opinions and arguments of others
- Leadership and presentation skills
- Strategies for managing influence
- Enterprise skills and attributes
- Skills for employability (aspiration, communication, creativity, goal setting)
- Taking positive risks
Click here to find out how we teach PSHE at Capel Manor.
Hate Crime Workshop - Autumn 2020