Careers at Capel Manor Primary School
Sports Coach Scale 3-4
(subject to experience)
For EYFS -KS2
(Fixed term contract of 1 Year from September 2018-July 2019)
Capel Manor Primary school is a small, friendly two form entry school fully committed to providing the very best educational experiences for all children. We have high expectations of what our pupils can achieve and are looking to appoint a Sports Coach to deliver high quality sports to pupils in all classes.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a strong team member, who is committed to making a real difference to children's lives
- Be able to demonstrate high expectations and be skilled in delivering a wide range of teaching styles and strategies which engage learners to be successful and achieve
- Have a developing awareness of delivering a primary PE Curriculum
- Have (ideally) a coaching qualification from a registered body such as the FA/LTA and or a BTEC/Sports degree
- Be qualified to a minimum of GCSE in English and Maths (A-C or equivalent)
- Have proven coaching abilities or relevant experience with young children
- Be an excellent , professional role model
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The role will include providing planning and assessments for the pupils you teach and delivering high quality PE lessons to pupils in years 1 – 6 as well as working with EYFS pupils to build their physical development.
You must also be able to demonstrate safe practices in PE and be able to complete routine Health and Safety monitoring.
Hours: 36 hours per week x 39 weeks per annum. Hours to be negotiated
Actual Salary Range: Scale 3 £15,952 p.a. - £16,778 p.a. or Scale 4 £17,030 p.a. - £18,797 p.a (subject to experience)
All applicants are strongly encouraged and very welcome to visit our friendly school and to look at our website. Please ring the office to arrange an appointment on 01992 764087. An application pack is available via our school website. www.capelmanor.enfield.sch.uk. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. It is a requirement of this role that applicants are fluent in spoken English. The school does not accept curriculum vitaes.
Closing Date: 23rd May 2018 at noon Interviews and observation: 7th June 2018
All schools in Enfield are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and anyone applying to work in our school is expected to share this commitment. We are an equal opportunity employer.